- Select your area for meditation (can be a temporary or permanent space).
- Prepare your space…
Start your music (if you’re using music).
Light your candle with the prayer:
“I light this candle while in the power, presence and love of almighty Abba (or say whatever term you use).
Dim your artificial lighting or turn them off.
- Sit on a cushion or chair – whichever is the most comfortable for you without actually going to sleep.
Place your hands on your lap or where ever it’s comfortable for you.
Feet are flat on the floor.
- Take a moment to simply enjoy your surroundings.
- Before beginning your meditation, say a prayer (i.e. The Lord’s Prayer), Psalm 23 (or another Scripture), or a Spiritual-based declaration/affirmation.
- Take three deep, gently breaths from your diaphragm. Inhale/exhale.
- Close your eyes.
- Concentrate on your breathing for a moment – in…out, in…out, in…out.
- Feel the sensations – if any.
- Stay in the moment in meditation. If your mind wanders, gently bring it back to your breathing, the music, or your mantra.
- Continue meditation for your ten minutes.
- When your feel the ten minutes have passed, gently open your eyes, give a moment looking at your space.
- Give thanks.
- Your meditation is complete.
Self Recovery is Beautiful …so are YOU !
FEEL FREE TO PRINT ME TO KEEP ON HAND